TERMS AND EXPECTATIONS
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Perks of being a volunteer at Dark side of the Con 2017:
- Great opportunity to greet and make new friends while on shift.
- A look behind the scenes of an event company!
- Free admission to Dark Side of the Con!
Each shift is 4 hours long.
Upon submitting this form you agree that you will follow the rules and regulations of the event, located on the Dark Side of the Con website. We also expect volunteers to follow the volunteer code of conduct.
Volunteer Code of Conduct:
1. Show up to your shifts 15 minutes early.
2. There will be orientation before your shift. (Times still to be determined.) It is essential for you to attend this course to understand complexities of volunteering and to be introduced to senior staff.
3. Be dressed comfortably for your shift. This means that you have shoes, shirt, and jeans that are comfortable to move around in while on shift.
4. Do not attempt to comp tickets, or get a discounted price for your friends. If they wish to volunteer, great send them this link!
**Please note- breaking this rule will lead to an immediate ejection from the event with no refund and you and your friend will be banned from all future Jeff Mach events.**
5. Try to comply with staff requests for assistance, and do not argue with staff. If you believe a member of staff is wrong, or you believe your rights as a volunteer has been wronged, please find the Volunteer Coordinator, Elise, for mediation, or if required, a complaint form. (If you need to file a complaint against the Volunteer Coordinator please see Jakal for a formal complaint.)
6. Do Not use your status to obtain "favors", monetary, sexual, or otherwise. There are obvious reasons why we do not allow this at our events.
Please review, and become familiar, with the event rules for all event goers at: http://jeffmachevents.com/about-us/code-conduct/
There will be a review of all topics at the volunteer orientation. Should you have any questions, you may contact me via email at email@example.com, or include your question within this application under "Other info/Questions"