TAGOS Leadership Academy Student Application
TAGOS Leadership Academy is a public project based charter school in Janesville, Wisconsin serving up to 75 students in grades 7 thru 12. Students at our school are empowered to take ownership of their education through an innovative approach that focuses on project based learning. Project based Learning enables them to follow their passions while recognizing and utilizing their skills and abilities to help them achieve their potential. Students at TAGOS don’t learn while sitting in a classroom, but are provided with an office cubicle that is equipped with a personal computer where the project process is completed.
At TAGOS Leadership Academy the school year is split up into 6, 6 week blocks and students are expected to complete a 50 hour project during each block. The first week of each block starts with a proposal week and the last week of each block ends with a presentation week. In between proposal day and presentation day students are completing research, interviewing live resources, writing papers, building display products, and preparing a presentation. The project process provides a six step framework to completing timely, meaningful projects by which students have autonomy in selecting their topic, navigating resources and collecting research materials, and producing a final product for presentation.
1. Application (On-line Pages 1 and 2 of Online Application)
2. Academic History (Page 3 of Online Application)
3. Attendance Report (Submit to Val at TAGOS Informal Visit)
4. Academic Recommendation (Submit Name/Email for Us to Send Form)
5. Student Essay (Page 4 of Online Application)
6. Please remember that this is an application and must be filled out completely using standard English conventions in order to be considered.
1. Application for can be completed online, obtained from TAGOS Leadership Academy (or various schools and Educational Services Center within the School District of Janesville), and on the TAGOS website (
). When submitting a paper application, please return to TAGOS Leadership Academy, Attention: Valerie Maxon.
2. TAGOS staff will contact parents to schedule an informal parent/student visit. This meeting with staff is required, also required is a half day visit by the student to activate a student's application.
3. Families interested in TAGOS who live outside of the School District of Janesville will need to fill out the necessary paperwork for Open Enrollment. Procedures for this can be found on the State of Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Website:
TAGOS values diversity within the student body and does not discriminate in admission or retention of students on the grounds of sex, creed, age, race, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, color, national origin, religion, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class defined by local, state, or federal law. Students with special needs will be accommodated with a Personal Learning Plan incorporating the goals in their IEP.
Student First Name
Student Last Name
Student Date of Birth
Student's Current Address
Current Number of High School Credits
Special Education or 504 Plan
Not Special Education or 504
Who is your Special Education Case Manager?
Only Answer This Question If You Are Identified as Special Education.
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of School District of Janesville.