Zipping and Unzipping Files On Your PC File Management
Zipping a file creates a compressed version of the file that is considerably smaller than the original file. The zipped version of the file has a .zip file extension.
This guide will help you to understand:
- How to Zip a File/Folder
- How to Unzip a Zipped Folder
How to Zip a File/Folder
To create a .zip file:
- Right-click a file or folder.
- In the shortcut menu, Click either Add to Zip file, Add to Archive, or Send to.
- Select Compressed (Zipped) Folder.
- The .zip file will show up in the same location as the file or folder you are zipping.
How to Unzip a Zipped Folder
To unzip a file:
- Right-click the .zip file
- In the shortcut menu, Click Extract All.
- A pop-up window will come up asking where you want the unzipped file to go.
- Select Browse.
- Choose any location on your computer.
- Click Extract and your files will be converted back to their original format.
For more information, contact ITRC - (208)-282-5880 or email email@example.com.
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.