General Procedures for Moodle ISU Moodle ISU
This handout explains basic Moodle ISU procedures, including how to request a Moodle course, how teachers of record are assigned, and how student enrollment works.
This guide will help you to understand:
- Moodle ISU courses are created based on information provided in the class schedule and managed by the ISU Registrar. Your department course scheduler must indicate the need for a Moodle ISU course by marking Moodle Required in the course request form. Moodle ISU courses become available for instructors to begin working on as soon as the class schedule from their department is entered into Banner by the Registrar's office. This means that Moodle ISU courses will be created before registration begins for students.
- If you did not request a Moodle ISU course when the initial schedule was submitted, contact your designated department course scheduler to update the class schedule information.
- Once the Registrar receives the updated information, the Moodle ISU course will be created automatically.
- If you did request a Moodle ISU course when the initial schedule was submitted, you can find your future courses in your My courses list in Moodle.
- To find other courses, you can search by clicking Site home in the Navigation block. At the bottom of the Site home page, in the Search courses text box, you can search for any course.
- If you are teaching multiple sections of the same course and would like to have a single Moodle ISU course with all your students enrolled, you can request a metacourse (multi-section course) after the registrar has designated you as the lead instructor. Metacourses (multi-section courses) need to be requested through ITRC using the Metacourse Request Form
- If you would like to begin working on your course before the class schedule is complete or you need to begin developing a future course, you may request a development/special course. Development courses need to be requested through ITRC using the Development/Special Course Request Form
Note: When your section is automatically created at the beginning of the term, you will need to Back up and Restore the content from the Development server to the course where the students are enrolled.
- Faculty Assignments are created based on the information provided in the class schedule and managed by the ISU Registrar.
- If you need to be listed as the instructor of record, contact your designated department course scheduler to update the class schedule information.
- Once the Registrar receives the updated information, Moodle ISU will be updated and you will have access to the Moodle ISU course.
- An instructor of record may add additional instructors as needed within the Moodle ISU course. For more information, see Assigning Roles
- Once registration opens for the term, students will be enrolled automatically as they register.
- For new students, it may take up to 48 hours before the student has access to Moodle ISU.
- Moodle ISU courses will automatically be made available on the first day of the term. Faculty can make the courses available earlier, as appropriate.
For information about other start and end of semester procedures, see the following:
For more information, contact the ITRC - (208) 282-5880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.