The Huffington Post is seeking individuals who are passionate about growing audiences around news for an intensive 6-month, full-time apprentice program with our community team. This is a unique opportunity to get hands-on experience for individuals looking for a career in community and social media and an interest in journalism, pushing the limits of what is known in engagement at scale.
Apprentices should have a sense of humor, a sense of what's newsworthy, and be excited about:
- Creating active communities around news and original content
- Establishing themselves as a center of knowledge in the community and social media
- Pitching and owning one or more long-term projects during the duration of the program
- Setting personal goals, exploring the engagement metrics landscape and getting real-time feedback on performance
- Figuring out what drives people to engage
This apprentice program helps to to development your skills through a rotation of assignments working with a variety of editors in community engagement, social media, moderation, breaking news and more.
We have 2 positions open and look for applicants who have drive, passion and skills, but we don't expect you to have much experience. This is a paid position in NYC.