Thank you for committing time and effort to engage with professional development. Your willingness to continue to develop as an educator is appreciated!
Procedures and Important Items to Note:
1. All requests are subject to administrative and BOE approval and must comply with district policy:
High Point Board Policy 6471 School District Travel:https://www.hpregional.org/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=3537998
2. Complete one request form per person.
3. Requests must be completed at least 10 days prior to the next HP Board meeting, and the professional development event being requested must occur after that Board meeting.
4. At the end of this form, directions will be provided for submitting supporting materials if required for registration.
All reimbursement for meals. lodging and incidentals must comply with federal limits as outlined here:
GSA reimbursement limits: https://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/104877
5. There will be no reimbursement for meals unless an overnight stay is required and there is prior BOE approval.
6. There will be no reimbursement for mileage without prior BOE approval. Mileage may never exceed the roundtrip distance from High Point to the location of the workshop/pd.
7. All questions should be directed to the Office of Curriculum & Instruction.
8. Any absences due to conference/workshop attendance must be entered into Frontline (formerly AESOP). Please do so as soon as this form is completed. Entering your potential absence in Frontline will allow us the time needed to plan for sub coverage. However, in order to attend a workshop/pd event on a work day, you must:
a) Discuss the event with your immediate supervisor and ensure that they support your attendance.
b) Enter your proposed professional day in Frontline and ensure that it is approved prior the event.
c) If High Point will be supporting your participation by paying for registration or expenses related to travel, you must ensure the event was approved by the BOE. If travel or registration is not being funded by High Point, you still need to complete this form, however, official BOE approval is not required for you to attend the event. https://login.frontlineeducation.com/login?signin=9febcf22bb83fa2956e2dfd15c22d102&productId=ABSMGMT&clientId=ABSMGMT#/login
9. The amount of money approved by the Board may not be exceeded, but it is also NOT a suggested amount to be spent. The Board sometimes approves an amount in excess of intended spending to accommodate unforeseen expenditures.
10. If OVERNIGHT lodging is planned, AND food reimbursement has been approved in advance, staff must review government accounting regulations to ensure they do not submit for reimbursement in excess of permissible limits.
11. Lodging expenses incurred prior to a conference, or after the conclusion of a conference, are not eligible for reimbursement.
12. Lodging expenditures, including tax and fees, must fall below the GSA limits. These limits may not be exceeded even if multiple people share one room. The reimbursement limit is "per room."
13. Please be sure to speak with your supervisor or the Director of Curriculum prior to traveling if you have any questions regarding reimbursement.