Short-Term Guardianship Form
POLICY REGARDING PARENT/GUARDIAN ABSENCES FROM HONG KONG
- If both parents/guardians are away from Hong Kong at the same time, HKA requires that a responsible party is designated as a short-term guardian.
- The school should be notified as far in advance as possible by completing the form below.
- A new form must be submitted on each such occasion.
- Because illness, accident and unforeseen problems can occur at any time, it is advisable that the duly appointed short-term guardian lives close to your residence.
- CERTAIN MEDICAL INSTITUTIONS WILL NOT ACCEPT AUTHORISATION FROM DOMESTIC HELPERS. ACCORDINGLY, A DOMESTIC HELPER DOES NOT QUALIFY AS AN ACCEPTABLE SHORT-TERM GUARDIAN FOR SCHOOL PURPOSES.
- In view of the seriousness of this matter, parents/guardians who do not arrange for and inform the school of a child’s short-term guardianship may jeopardise the child’s enrollment in the school.
Please be assured that the school’s concern in this matter is not intended to interfere with the personal prerogatives of parents/guardians. Rather, it is designed to serve the best interests of the child. The school must be able to contact at least one of the student’s parents/guardians or short-term guardians directly at any time.
A. Please submit the form at least one week prior to planned departure from Hong Kong.
B. One form is sufﬁcient for several children.
C. Please complete a form for each trip planned away from Hong Kong. One form will not cover several trips.
Please list: Name, Class/Grade
The start date of both parents/guardians being out of Hong Kong
The date when at least one parent/guardian returns to Hong Kong
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Hong Kong Academy.