Parent Absence Consent Form
POLICY REGARDING GUARDIANS’ ABSENCE FROM HONG KONG
In an “overseas setting”, it is especially important for there to be direct and continuing contact between the school and legal guardian(s). This is particularly so in Hong Kong where it is not uncommon for students to have no legal guardians present in the city.
Accordingly, Hong Kong Academy has adopted the following policy governing guardian's absence from home.
- If there is a situation that is scheduled to arise where there is no legal guardian present in Hong Kong, you should appoint a responsible party as temporary guardian.
- You should notify the school as far in advance as possible by completing the form below. A new form must be submitted on each such occasion.
- Because illness, accident and unforeseen problems can occur at any time, it is advisable that the duly appointed temporary guardian lives close to your residence.
- CERTAIN MEDICAL INSTITUTIONS WILL NOT ACCEPT AUTHORISATION FROM DOMESTIC HELPERS. ACCORDINGLY, A DOMESTIC HELPER DOES NOT QUALIFY AS AN ACCEPTABLE TEMPORARY GUARDIAN FOR SCHOOL PURPOSES.
- In view of the seriousness of this matter, legal guardians who do not arrange for and inform the school of the child’s temporary supervision, may jeopardise the child’s enrollment in the school.
Please be assured that the school’s concern in this matter is not intended to interfere with the personal prerogatives of parents/guardians but rather is designed to serve the best interests of the child(ren). The school must be able to contact at least one of the student’s legal guardians/temporary guardians directly at any time.
A. Please submit the form at least one week prior to planned departure from Hong Kong.
B. One form is sufﬁcient for several children.
C. Please complete a form for each trip planned away from Hong Kong. One form will not cover several trips.
Please list: Name, Class/Grade
The start date of both parents being out of Hong Kong
The date when at least one parent returns to Hong Kong
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Hong Kong Academy.