VERY IMPORTANT TECHNICAL NOTE
- In order to enable future functionality, Smite has been upgraded to a new version of the Unreal Engine 3 platform. This does not impact significant functionality now, but will enable a variety of improved functionality and game performance in the future. This has a few notable impacts for this patch that all users should be prepared for:
- When you first launch the patch, you will be required to install new pre-requisite files. If prompted, you must say “Yes” to the dialogue asking to run in Administrator mode, as well as wait for the pre-requisite files to complete installing.
- The download size for this patch will be larger than normal.
- Your Video Settings and some additional configuration specific to your PC will be set back to defaults. You will need to reconfigure these settings to your preference.
New God: Kumbhakarna (Hindu Guardian)
- Kumbhakarna does not die when he reaches 0 health, instead he falls asleep. He will awaken after 8s at 25% health and mana, unless hit with 6 basic attacks (+1 every 5 levels) while sleeping. This passive has a 240s cooldown.
- Kumbhakarna sleepily runs forward. If he hits an enemy he stops and deals 70/140/210/280/350 +50% of his magical power as damage. If the enemy is a minion, he throws them, and the flying minion deals 90/160/230/300/370 + 60% of his magical power as damage to each enemy it passes through. Cooldown 15s. Cost 60/65/70/75/80.
- Kumbhakarna rears back for a heavy smash that roots enemies for 1.5s and deals 50/90/130/170/210 +50% of his magical power as damage. Cooldown 10s. Cost 50/55/60/65/70.
- Kumbhakarna lets out a mighty yawn that mezes all enemies in range for 1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5s. If awakened early from mez, enemies are slowed 40% for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2s. Kumbhakarna may use this ability while asleep. Cooldown 15s. Cost 70/75/80/85/90.
- Kumbhakarna moves forward a short distance, stopping at the first enemy god he encounters, and delivers a massive melee swing that knocks the enemy directly up into the air for 2.2s. When the enemy god lands, it deals 300/400/500/600/700 +50% of his magical power as AOE damage to itself and Kumbhakarna’s foes, and causes Knockback. Cooldown 60s. Cost 100.
- Players are now able to earn some special Player Icons through achievements in the game. This system will be expanded in the future to include additional earnable content. For now, players earn special Player Icons when they reach Mastery Levels 10/20/30/40/50.
- Scarlet Coven Isis
- Rip Van Khumbha
- High Seas Sobek
- The new free God rotation is: Aphrodite, Sobek, Chaac, Apollo, Thanatos.
- The Loading Screen Cards have been modified to show your PLAYER ICON on the card (same icon as used in Buddy List and on the Main Menu). This replaces the Mastery Level area of the current loading cards.
- Custom Matches have been modified.
- On the Custom match play screen, you now see a list of Custom Matches currently available to be joined.
- When the owner of a custom match leaves the queue for the match, the match is disbanded and must be re-created.
- Note that further improvements are planned for the Custom Match functionality in the future.
- The new player experience has undergone a variety of improvements and modifications.
- New players must now “unlock” the PvP queues under the Normal tab by first playing a Co-Op or Practice match of the same gamemode.
- New players are now given a tutorial for the main menu system upon first entry into the main menu.
- The tutorial has undergone a variety of tweaks and bugfixes, especially around the flow of purchasing items in the store.
- There are now separate Looking for Group (LFG) chat channels for Europe and North America.
- The HUD notification upon gaining a new level in match has been modified.
- Several UI input bugs have been fixed, especially with the Report Player dialogue.
- Minor changes have been made to the new player creation process.
- Made a variety of optimizations to the Bot AI in the practice modes.
- Additional optimizations have been made to the functionality to display SmiteTV feed on the Home Page.
- Updated visual presentation of the Voice Command System menu in match.
- Improved the method in which Match Details are displayed on the PROFILE menu. It is not a pop-up window instead of a tab.
- Addressed an issue with the Fire Giant and Gold Fury health bars.
- Made the attack speed in the HUD match the values displayed in the Store stats page.
- Fixed an issue where an icon would block the report button at Friends List/Recently Played.
- Fixed an issue in which the in match scoreboard could show previous match data.
- Fixed an issue in which blank items could appear on scoreboard in match and EOML
- Fixed an issue in which respawn timers on scoreboard were not updating correctly.
- Fixed an issue in which reconnected players would still appear disconnected.
- Fixed an issue with League Seasons on Tier Summary are not displaying in the correct order.
- Fixed an issue at the God Page where worshippers would display the same for every god.
- Price reduced from 860 to 700.
- Price reduced from 1750 to 1590
- Price reduced from 3000 to 2650 (including all ranks)
- Reduced price from 3100 to 2940 (including all ranks).
- Eye of Providence / Improved Providence
- Fixed issue where Ward vision ranges were not properly reduced to 60 in the previous patch.
- Passive changed to: On basic attack hits, deal physical damage equal to 5% of the target's maximum health. This only affects gods.
- Fixed an issue in which effects that apply both root and cripple might not apply the cripple if the target was immune to roots at the time.
- Fixed an accuracy issue with all “sweeping” attacks if they were used while moving. (Example: Master’s Will, Crescent Moon Dance).
Gods - Balance/Updates/Fixes
- Improved visual presentation of Chariot (smoothed client simulation).
- Fixed an issue with the passive meter not displaying how many shots he had remaining.
- Fixed an issue in which Sun Wukong wouldn’t be stopped mid Ox or Eagle dash.
- Fixed an issue where Arachne’s Cocooned target would be grabbed by the trap. The trap will still activate and deal damage.
- Reduced additional damage from 20% to 15%.
- Fixed an issue with her pounce would go on cooldown when using recall, Blink or Teleport.
- Fixed an issue where this ability was hitting far outside the indicated cone (closer to 150deg than 70). The cone should now be a lot more accurate. Additional “fudge factor” will be addressed in future patch.
- Cooldown adjusted from 15/14/13/12/11 to 15 at all ranks.
- Damage mitigation while casting this ability reduced from 100% to 50%.
- Improved visual presentation of rewind ball (smoothed client simulation).
- This ability may now be activated again to teleport to the next god hit, or to the last god hit within 2s, if the monkey has already completed it’s travel.
- Increased disorient duration from 1 to 1.5s.
- Fixed an issue in which Neith would appear locked in firing position if interrupted while crouching.
- Cooldown increased from 10s to 13s.
- No change. However, this ability is being worked on for a more substantial adjustment next patch.
- Duration of buff changed from 10s to 8s.
- Her basic attack projectiles now fire earlier in the animation, decreased from 0.25s to 0.15s. This should help her basic attacks feel more responsive.
- Fixed an issue with this ability not dealing full damage at close range.
- Fixed an issue in which Odin could be permanently stunned after casting Ring of Spears, then using Lunge and getting stunned while airborne.
- Passive protections reduced from 10/15/20/25/30 to 8/11/14/17/20.
- Slow reduced from 50% to 20/25/30/35/40% per rank.
- Fixed an issue in which Sun Wukong wouldn’t be stopped mid Ox or Eagle dash.
- Fixed a typo in the tooltip description.
- Projectile speed increased from 90 to 110.
- Cast time once in the air (for dive) reduced from 1s to 0.7s.
- Recovery time reduced from 0.3s to 0.2s.
- Healing reduced from 45/65/85/105/125 to 30/50/70/90/110 per target.
- Healing scale reduced from +50% to +30% of your physical power.
- No longer reduces the cooldown on his ultimate as he takes damage.
- Once again addressed an issue where he would remained crouched after cancelling this ability early.
- Reduced cooldown from 13 to 10s.