Student Ambassador Requirements:
-A 2.5 cumulative GPA at the time you apply.
-A minimum of a 2.5 semesterly GPA each semester you are on staff
-On campus residence
-Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public
-Student leader who is actively involved in campus activities
-High level of motivation and reliability
-Written and oral skills are essential
-A daily schedule that allows you to commit fully to the expectations of the job.
-Attend fall and spring training sessions just before each semester begins.
- Campus Tours
- Open Houses (Fall and Spring)
- Select weekend days, about twice a month (9:30am-3:00pm)
- Must be available at least one day a week Monday – Friday from 11:15 AM - 1:15 PM or Wednesdays 12:45-2:30 or
Fridays from 2:15 PM – 4:15 PM
- Serve as host to walk-in visitors
- General office duties as necessary
- Student Ambassadors are also asked to assist with the training and hiring of CREW members, and new Student Ambassadors as well as, assisting with organization and the set – up of large scale events.
-Application and 2 Reference Forms due Wednesday March 26th,
-Reference forms can be found at http://www.newpaltz.edu/admissions/ambassadors_apply.html
-1st Round Interviews will be held April 8th to April 11th
-Candidates will be notified of a final decision on Friday April 25th