TEACHING IN THE SECONDARY SCHOOL
Field Experience ~ SPRING 2015
Student Name: ________________________________________
Hamline email address:__________________________
Hamline ID#: _______________________
Instructor: Sarah Hick CRN #30796 or CRN #30798
GED 7875 ~ Teaching in the Secondary School
Type of Experience:
Observation; appropriate interaction with students; teacher assistance; opportunity(ies) to lead all/part of class.
Duration, Frequency and Approximate Dates:
* At least 30 hours in the school (occurring, ideally, over several weeks)
* At least ⅔ of the hours in the cooperating teacher’s classroom (other hours may be spent visiting other classes, attending PLC/department/faculty meetings, or visiting other school locations, with appropriate permission)
* Acts professionally at all times;
* Interacts positively with students and staff;
* Seeks out opportunities to learn and participate actively;
* Leads at least one class or major activity;
* Reviews whole class performance on one major assessment (project, essay, paragraph, quiz, test, lab, proof). Photocopies 3 different students’ work on that assessment (with names removed);
* Seeks feedback from cooperating teacher
Host Teacher Involvement:
*Plans a schedule with Hamline visitor and reviews expectations;
* Introduces Hamline visitor to students and staff and makes him or her feel welcome;
* Allows for and encourages appropriate interaction with students;
* Allows Hamline student to lead one or more class/activity ;
* Assists Hamline student in reviewing class performance on one (or more) major assessment, collecting 3 photocopies of different students’ work on that assessment (with names removed);
* Provides helpful feedback throughout the experience;
* Completes a formal evaluation at end of experience.
Complete a final online evaluation of the teacher candidate’s contributions to your classroom environment.
No direct supervision from Hamline. Professor may make a brief classroom visit.
Will be sent at the end of the semester.
Sarah Hick (email@example.com; 651-523-2761)
Office of Clinical Experience
School of Education