The equivalency exam proves you have the foreign language ability equivalent to that of college requirements at Gustavus. The equivalency exam is a comprehensive equivalency test that measures your reading, writing, listening and speaking abilities in French, German or Spanish.
* Picture ID required to take the exam.
* We reserve the right to limit each exam session to 15 total test takers.
WHO DOES NOT NEED TO TAKE THE EQUIVALENCY EXAM?
* If you are completing your language requirement through courses at Gustavus.
* If you have college credit equivalent to two semesters (College in the Schools, AP [score 4 or higher], IB [higher level exams], PSEO) you do not need to prove equivalency. For more information see admissions website: admission.gac.edu/admissions/majors/credit.asp
* If you are a native or heritage speaker of Spanish you should set up an appointment with Dr. María Isabel Kalbermatten.
For more information about the Equivalency Exam go to: gac.edu/mlc/EquivExam.php