As part of this account request, the operator agrees to the following:
• I will have access to confidential, sensitive, and/or private electronic data that is either stored on University operated systems and/or on systems owned and/or operated by other University departments, and information systems subcontractors, i.e. BlackBoard, and/or sensitive client information with my account from GOCard.
• I agree that I will not copy or otherwise use any data, electronically-stored or otherwise, that I have access to, except within the legitimate course of my duties, or to which I am given permission to do so by my supervisor or the legitimate owner of the data in question. I will not use data for personal use or external business use.
• I agree that I will not examine any electronically-stored data except that which is stored on the appropriate areas of the systems that I am authorized to use, or that which I have been otherwise authorized to examine. I will not allow others to see or otherwise access information through my actions, either by leaving screens, reports or printouts available, or leaving my account logged in unattended.
• I agree that except as authorized by my supervisor or the owner of the data in question, I will not discuss any electronically-stored data, the substance or existence of which would not have become known to me except for the duties I perform at the University, through the GOCard Office, with any unauthorized person.
• If I am uncertain whether a particular item of electronically-stored data is covered by the confidentiality strictures of this Agreement, I will resolve all uncertainties in favor of preserving the confidentiality of that item, and I will seek clarification from my supervisor or the owner of the electronically-stored data in question before engaging in conduct that might jeopardize the confidentiality of that item.
• I understand that in the course of my duties I may come across sensitive client information that should not be shared with any other departments. I will not share any conclusions drawn from this information. I will preserve the confidentiality of this information, and I will seek clarification from superiors as to the restrictions on this kind of information.
• I understand that confidentiality is also covered under Federal laws such as, FERPA, GLBA, Buckley and others.
• I understand that if I am unsure of the nature of confidential information, I will seek the guidance of the GOCard Services Director and/or the University's Legal Counsel.
• I understand that this Agreement is in addition to Georgetown University policies regarding computer use and abuse and all other policies.
• I understand that any unwarranted and deliberate violations of the terms of this Agreement will subject me to possible disciplinary and/or legal actions.
Please enter and verify the information below and update as necessary.