Make Your Move! Ready. Set. Play!
Join Residence Life! Become an RA!
Greetings and welcome to the 2013-2014 Resident Assistant application. You do not have the option to save your progress and return to this application at a later date, so please make sure that you allow yourself enough time to complete the application. For your convenience this cover page contains all of the short answer questions that are in the application, along with the information that you will need regarding your references, so that you can prepare your application in advance.
General Application Questions:
• Why do you want to become an R.A.?
• What are the benefits to living in the residence halls at Geneseo?
• What would you do to enhance the residential experience of students as an R.A.?
• What characteristics, skills, or experiences do you possess that would make you a strong R.A. candidate?
Please provide information (name, email address, and phone number) for 3 references -
One of which must be a SUNY Geneseo Residence Life Staff Member either student or professional (Residence Director, Area Coordinator, RA, SRA or ARD).
The other two must be SUNY Geneseo Professionals, i.e. a faculty or staff member.
**Note, for one of the references, transfer students may use a reference from a previous institution.**
In order to have a better understanding of your college experiences thus far, please PRINT a copy of your Co-Curricular Transcript and bring it to the Residence Life Office, 131 Schrader Hall, by 4:00pm on Friday, February 1, 2013. Unofficial copies are preferred.
The Co-Curricular Transcript is a way for you to keep track of your involvement in activities outside of the classroom. Transfer students are encouraged include activities from their previous institution(s).
For more information or to create/upgrade your Co-Curricular Transcript at http://gold.geneseo.edu/description.html#1
For those students interested in our special interest housing options (Writers House, Dante House, Gender Neutral Housing and EcoHouse). Applying to these specialty positions does not help or hinder your chances of being hired as an RA.
Special Interest Housing Questions:
• What interests you about an R.A. position in Writers House, Dante House, Gender Neutral Housing, or EcoHouse?
• What do you perceive as the benefits for residents living in Writers House, Dante House, Gender Neutral Housing, or EcoHouse? What do you think residents gain from this experience?
• Describe the various programs, community builders, bulletin boards, and initiatives that you would wish to implement as an R.A. in Writers House, Dante House, Gender Neutral Housing, or EcoHouse.
Mandatory Info Sessions
• December 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM in College Union 319
• December 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM in Schrader Hall Classroom 4
• December 11, 2012 at 8 AM in Schrader Hall Classroom 4
• January 24, 2013 at 6 PM in Schrader Hall Classroom 4
• January 28, 2013 at 7:45 AM in College Union 324
• January 30, 2013 at 2:30 PM in Schrader Hall Classroom 4
• January 31, 2013 at 10 PM in College Union 322-323
You do not have the option to save your progress and return to this application at a later date, so please make sure that you allow yourself enough time to complete the application.