Office of Undergraduate Research and Inquiry-Student Peer Mentor Program Application Information
Application Deadline is Monday May 13th, 2013.
Thank you for your interest in this program. We are recruiting ten upper division undergraduate students and/or graduate students, representative from all colleges and partner campuses during Summer 2013 to serve as near-peer mentors beginning Fall 2013.
Members must have the following qualifications:
1. have at least a 3.0 GPA
2. have one semester of DIS or other documented research experiences completed before applying
3. commit to a one year agreement as a Peer Mentor ( Fall 2013 through Summer 2014)
4. commit to continue research in the 2013-2014 academic year
5. commit to participation in the student club, Council of Scholarship and Inquiry (CSI)
The responsibilities of peer mentors include, but are not limited to the following:
• Mentor other undergraduate students interested in engaging in research and inquiry
• Serve on the Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium Planning Committee
• Collaborate with the CSI to host annual social networking events for active undergraduate scholars
• Attend professional development workshops as needed
As a Peer Mentor, a $600 stipend will be granted toward research endeavors. Individuals must have completed 15 hours of peer mentoring before eligible for funding.
If you would like to apply to become a Peer Mentor with the Office of Undergraduate Research and Inquiry please:
• Complete all sections of the application
• Provide a current CV or resume
• Provide a letter of recommendation from a faculty member
• Prepare for an interview upon request
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Dr. Donna Chamely-Wiik at 561-297-1019 or via email@example.com. The Application Deadline is Monday May 13th, 2013
This application was adapted from UCF's Office of Undergraduate Research Peer Mentors 2013 application.