SOR 2016 Application
REC will be hosting a weeklong Summer Organizing Retreat, for students to come together and discuss endowment campaigning, corporate power, and strategies for winning!
WHAT WILL BE COVERED
We will be discussing a number of subjects relevant to today’s student organizers, including:
- How to be an effective student campaigner: recruiting, engaging, and organizing actions
- Confronting corporate power: corporations and universities
- How to understand your endowment
- Reinvestment and Non-extractive finance: responsible investment strategies that can develop alternative economies
- Analyzing how responsible investment has impacted workers’ rights; environmental justice issues; corporate contributions and our political system; the impacts of the prison industrial complex; LGBTQ nondiscrimination; poverty in our local communities; and much more.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The goal of this training is to provide students with knowledge and skills necessary to create change at their university from the ground up. Our summer program is perfect for someone new to the responsible investment movement in higher education, or for someone looking to dig deeper into developing a strong campaign plan for next year. There is no previous experience or knowledge required. We encourage people to apply as pairs or groups from each university.
Rolling until spaces are filled but make sure to apply by Friday, May, 27! We are currently accepting applications. The sooner the better.
The retreat will take place in Lanoka Harbor, NJ about 2 hours from NYC or Philadelphia. We will arrive the afternoon of July 18th and depart around 1pm July 22nd
(permanent, non-school email preferred)
Expected Graduation year
Preferred Gender Pronouns
(Ex: they, he, she, ze)
Please list any dietary restrictions
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Responsible Endowments Coalition.
Terms of Service