Tri-Valley Heroes Nomination Form
Do you know a hero?
Selection will be conducted by Embarcadero Media Group staff members who will evaluate the entries based upon the following criteria. Only nominees will be notified. All selected Heroes agree to the use of their names, likeness and any statements made by them for advertising or publicity purposes and any and all rights to said use without compensation.
Nominations are due by Oct. 25, 2013.
* For the INDIVIDUAL component, nominees for the awards must be a resident of Pleasanton, Dublin, San Ramon, Danville, Alamo or Livermore, OR the work/ volunteering that they do must take place in one of these communities. The contribution for which they are being nominated must have made a significant impact to a cause, a person or a group in that market. Nominees must be at least 16 years of age during the active program year, except for the Rising Star award.
* If a nominee is an ORGANIZATION, GROUP OR BUSINESS, it must be currently based and operating in Pleasanton, Dublin, San Ramon, Danville, Alamo or Livermore and serve the residents of that area. The contribution for which the organization, group or business is being nominated must have a proven impact on the Tri-Valley. National or international organizations with local offices or branches may apply, but they will be judged only on the work they do locally.
* The work that a nominee does to inspire a nomination may be part of a nominee’s job (a teacher, principal or social worker, for example) but volunteer work, or the work a nominee does above and beyond their professional role may hold more value during the judging process. By the same token, the work that an ORGANIZATION, GROUP or BUSINESS does elicit a nomination can be part of their organizational mandate, but the work they do selflessly for the sole benefit of a cause, person or group outside of their work may hold more value during the judging process.
* The work for which a nominee is nominated must have taken place, at least in part, during the 12 months prior to nomination.
* Nominators may remain anonymous to their nominee, but they must provide their contact information to Embarcadero Media for verification purposes.
If a nominee is selected as a semi-finalist, they will need to provide a digital head shot photo of themselves. A committee of Embarcadero Media's East Bay division staff members will select recipients for each award category based on the criteria mentioned above. Where applicable, individual nominations will be evaluated in respect to other individual nominations within a category and organizations/ groups/ businesses will be evaluated in respect to other similar nominations within a category.