ALL ROOM PARENT VOLUNTEER FORMS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2017.
YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED BY THE END OF SEPTEMBER IF YOU HAVE OR HAVE NOT BEEN SELECTED THROUGH THE ROOM PARENT VOLUNTEER LOTTERY PROCESS.
You may only be a Room Parent for one class per year. Room Parents are selected based on priority followed by a lottery for any conflicts. Priorities follow in this order:
1. Room Parent Coordinator2. First time Room Parent 3. Has been a Room Parent, but not for this child4. Has been a Room Parent for this child5. First choice selection takes priority over second choice selection
Thank you for your interest!
HEAD ROOM PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Acts as a team leader in coordinating Room Parent activities.Meets/speaks with classroom teacher to confirm party dates/times and discuss party guidelines.
2. Works with classroom teacher to create class contact list.Coordinates meetings with class Room Parents to plan/organize activities/snacks for class parties.
3. Distributes PTO party money to reimburse class Room Parents for craft supplies purchased.
4. Contacts all classroom parents through Sign-Up Genius to ask for donations of food, craft supplies or to fill in as a substitute helper at a class party.
5. Acts as a contact person for the Team with the classroom teacher and Room Parent Coordinators.
6. MEMORIAL & WHEELOCK ONLY - Responsible for coordinating volunteers for class Winter Carnival booth.
7. 3rd GRADE WHEELOCK ONLY - Coordinate volunteers for Rocky Woods and gather pictures for the 3rd Grade DVD.
ROOM PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans and organizes party activities with teacher approval.
2. Coordinates donations of food, paper goods and drinks.
3. Attends, sets up and cleans up classroom parties. Must find replacement if can’t attend.
4. If desired, coordinates class gift for teacher(s).