The EdSTEMs project awards scholarships of up to $5000/year to students studying Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) at Edmonds Community College.
In addition to monetary scholarships, EdSTEMs provides support to help you be successful in your classes and field of study, including faculty mentoring and advising, study rooms, cohort classes, mathematics enrichment, and field trips to universities and industry.
To be eligible you must:
• Be eligible for Financial Aid (have financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid),
• Be enrolled full-time at Edmonds Community College,
• Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher,
• Be a US citizen or permanent resident,
• Be earning an Associate’s degree and/or transferring to a university in one of the STEM fields
• Have over 5 full-time quarters of coursework remaining at EdCC.
The application process requires:
□ EdSTEM$ Recommendation Form (completed by an instructor or community member)
□ Transcripts (unofficial are okay; can be sent electronically or given in hard-copy)
□ FAFSA (submitted separately to Financial Aid Office)
□ Online application (this)
Complete applications (including all of the above components) are due on MAY 31st, 2013. However, please note that you must submit your FAFSA as soon as possible to be a more competitive applicant. More information about this is found on the next page.
Questions? Contact Deann Leoni at email@example.com
or at 425-640-1184. You may also learn more at: www.edcc.edu/stem
Please note that once you proceed to the next page, you must complete the entire application in one sitting, as there is currently no way to save your work.