1) In order to qualify as an Athlete, one must have participated as a student-athlete in a varsity sport at Emory & Henry College. Former students shall not be eligible for consideration until ten (10) years after he/she has completed his/her college playing career. Graduation from the College is not a requirement, but if the nominee is a former student he/she must have left the College in good academic and social standing.
In order to be nominated in the Athlete category, meet at least one of the following criteria:
• First Team All-Conference, All-State or All-Region selection• Multiple All-Conference selections (Second Team, Third Team, etc.)• Major Conference Award (Player of the Year, Rookie of the Year, Offensive or Defensive POY)• All-American• Individual Sports -- Postseason competition (NCAA Regional or National, All-Star Game)• Individual Championship in conference• Record performances -- If he/she ever held a 1st place record at E&H, conference or nation
2) Emory & Henry coaches/staff members must be employed for a minimum of five (5) years and become eligible for induction at any time after five (5) years of service at the College. Former student-athletes who are coaching at E&H, but are being nominated for their playing careers, must meet the criteria stated above for an Athlete nomination.
3) A person may be nominated under the category of Special Accomplishment. The Special Accomplishment category applies to individuals making particularly outstanding contributions to the realm of athletics beyond the campus of Emory & Henry College. These individuals should have notable achievements in coaching, as a professional athlete or in some other area related to athletics.
4) Individuals who have made contributions to Emory & Henry athletics but do not meet these guidelines shall not be considered for Hall of Fame membership. Individuals making important contributions to the E&H athletics program through service should be recommended for the Sports Hall of Fame Certificate of Appreciation or possibly the Fred Selfe Service to Emory & Henry Award given annually by the E&H Alumni Association. The committee shall choose no more than one person each year for a certificate – and this recognition shall be voted on separately from the new inductee roster. Any persons suggested for this honor and not chosen shall remain on the list for consideration for no more than three (3) years. The Sports Hall of Fame digital display contains a section to list those individuals awarded a Certificate of Appreciation.