Delta High School Freshmen Transition Survey
1. What made the transition from Middle School to High school difficult? (check all that apply)
Too many students
Not knowing where classes were
Having 7 classes every day
2. What was your biggest concern in coming to Delta High School? (check all that apply)
Not making friends
Not knowing people in my classes
Not doing well in my classes
Being teased/harassed by others
3. Name one thing that you did not expect or were surprised about during the start of your freshman year.
4. Did you find Freshmen Orientation day helpful?
Neither helpful or Unhelpful
5. Do you believe you would benefit from an upperclassmen mentor?
6. On a scale of 1-5, with 1 being the worst and 5 being the best, how would you rate your first day of school with ALL students?
7. Coming in as a freshman, were you intimidated by the senior class?
8. Name one thing you would tell an incoming freshman about high school that would help them with their transition.
9. How many hours do you spend studying and doing homework per week?
One hour or less
5 hours or more
10. How concerned are you about your grades?
I do well in school, so I am not conerned.
I do well in school, but I'm still concerned.
I do okay in school, but I'm not concerned.
I don't do well, but I'm not concerned.
I don't do well, and I'm concerned.
11. How often do you check PowerSchool?
Once a month
Once a week
Multiple times per week
12. Do you visit your teacher's websites? (if applicable)
13. Do you have trouble getting rides for after school activities or tutoring opportunities?
I'm not involved in any school activities.
14. Do you have responsibilities at home that take time away from school work or extra-curricular activities?
15. If you answered yes to the previous question, what are those responsibilities?
16. How many hours per week are you involved in activities outside of school and your home? (for example church, work, etc.)
Less than 2
Between 2 and 4 hours
More than 4 hours
17. What preoccupies most of your time outside of school? (check all that apply)
Work at home
School based activities (sports/music/speech/clubs)
Outside club activities (community based/church/4-H/etc.)
Hanging out with friends
18. What are your future plans?
Enter the work force
Enter the military
Attend a two-year college
Attend a four-year college/university
Attend a technical school
19. Do you participate in class?
20. Have you ever sought out help? (check all that apply)
Help from a teacher
Counseling from from the Counseling Office
Help from the principals
21. How often do you receive help on your homework or other assignments?
22. How involved are your parents in your academic and extracurricular activities?
Not involved at all
23. Name one piece of advice you would give your parents on how they can support you best in high school.
24. How would you rate your overall experience at Delta High School?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Delta County School District 50J.
Terms of Service