1. MEMBERSHIP FEE:We are required by the government to maintain an exact membership list. Full members must pay an annual fee of $5.00 per member. New members may become Full members after one year of Associate membership and attending orientation sessions and signing a constitutional agreement statement. New members are defined as those who have never been Full members.
2. REGISTRATION FEE:New members registering children or lapsed full members re-registering children in our school must pay a fee of $200.00 per student. This fee is non-refundable and must be included with the Student Registration Form.
3. RE-ENROLMENT FEE:Effective for the 2016-2017 School Year a $50 re-enrolment fee has been implemented. This fee must be paid for a registration to be considered completed, and in order to confirm your child’s re-enrolment in a DCS class.
4. PARENT PARTICIPATION FEE:This is an initiative introduced to encourage additional volunteer time from our community. You are requested to submit a cheque in the amount of $200.00 per family, post dated to June 1, 2017.
The general concept is that you will earn back your $200.00 by volunteering time to the school.
5. OCCASIONAL COSTS:From time to time students are invited to participate in special projects or events, which require additional funds. You will be advised when such costs arise.
6. TUITION GUIDELINES:Parents who will require financial assistance in the form of tuition reduction for the 2016/2017 school year are requested to complete the ‘Tuition Assistance Application’ form available through the office.Applications must be renewed annually and submitted to the office by June 10th for review by the Treasurer. Parents whose tuition fee payments fall into arrears and who fail to make further arrangements with the Treasurer, will in time be required to withdraw their children from the school.Tuition fees are due in the school office by June 6th. Re-enrolment for the next school year may be suspended if tuition fees remain owing or if no arrangement for payment is reached by June 11th.
7. TUITION FEES:- Families with children attending another SCSBC Christian School, as well as DCS, are allowed to deduct 30% from the applicable total.- Parents are requested to use pre-authorized debits for the 1st of each month or another suitable specific day of the month (e.g. 15th).- A $35.00 service charge will be applied for returned items.
8. INCOME TAX RECEIPTS:In most cases, a significant portion of the tuition fees will be deemed a charitable donation for Income Tax purposes. Official income tax receipts will be issued in February based on a calendar year on eligible amounts.