The Hunt for Medusa’s Head Quiz
1. Why does the King send Perseus to capture Medusa’s head?
A The King wants to get rid of Perseus because he thinks Perseus is annoying
The King has always wanted Medusa’s head
The King wants to marry Perseus’ mother, so he needs to get rid of protective Perseus.
Perseus was the perfect man for the job because he was the bravest hero in Greece.
2. How does the King get Perseus to go on such a dangerous adventure?
He calls Perseus poor and lazy.
He commands Perseus to go.
He asks politely.
He tries to marry Perseus’ mother.
3. What did Athena give Perseus?
a metal shield
a silver sword
a magic sickle
the Cap of Darkness
4. What is a synonym for diabolical in the line “She is a diabolical creature”?
5. Why do the Gray Sisters reveal how to find Medusa?
The sisters hate Medusa and want Perseus to destroy her
The sisters are afraid of Perseus.
Perseus tricks them into telling.
Perseus threatens to throw their eye into the sea
6. Which character trait allowed Perseus to walk into Medusa’s cave?
7. When the Gorgon sisters realize that Medusa is dead, they feel ______.
8. At the end of the play, Perseus ______.
kills Medusa’s sisters.
lets the King hold Medusa’s head.
runs away with his mother.
becomes known as a great hero.
9. Which are examples of something happening abruptly?
check three answers
You are walking home from school on a perfectly sunny day, but then you look up and the sky has turned gray, you hear thunder, and it starts to rain
Mrs. Bowie is driving home from work when a dog bolts out into the road and she slams on her brakes
You have a science test on Friday. You study on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. When you take the test you know all the answers.
Ms. Meister and Mrs. Bowie are out in the hall talking. All the kids in the room are goofing around, but when the teachers walk back into their rooms, the students quickly stop talking and get back to work.
10. Which of the people below are wearing modest clothes?
choose two answers
11. What does swift mean in this sentence. "Now go. Be swift and brave"
12. What is the theme of this myth?
gods and goddessess
reward for goodness and retribution for evil
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Community Consolidated School District 62.
Terms of Service