Topic 3: Strategies and Properties to Multiply by 1-Digit Numbers Test
1. The art teacher has 6 packages of poster board. There are 30 pieces of poster board in each package. How many pieces of poster board does the art teacher have?
2. There are 36 inches in one yard. Nadia has 8 yards of ribbon. Use rounding to estimate how many inches of ribbon Nadia has.
a. 400 inches
b. 320 inches
c. 260 inches
d. 240 inches
3. Which shows one way to use breaking apart (The Distributive Property) to find 6x471?
4. Alex's home is 394 miles from Columbus, Ohio. If Alex makes 5 one-way trips from his home to Columbus, how many miles will he travel?
a. 3,945 miles
b. 2,030 miles
c. 2,000 miles
d. 1,970 miles
5. Which shows another way to find 10+10+10+10+10+10+10?
6. Mr. Grasso drove 54 miles an hour for 3 hours. How many miles did he drive in all?
a. 162 miles
b. 150 miles
c. 160 miles
d. 54 miles
7. Ms. Bennett is making brownies for a school bake sale. She wants 8 platters of brownies with 22 brownies on each platter. Which is a reasonable estimate for the number of brownies that Ms. Bennett makes?
a. 100, because 8x22 is about 5x20=100
b. 160, because 8x22 is about 8x20=160
c. 240, because 8x22 is about 8x30=240
d. 300, because 8x22 is about 10x30=300
8. Betty Jo practices the piano about 28 minutes each day. How could you use rounding to estimate the amount of time Betty Jo practices the piano in 7 days. Which number sentence below shows the estimate.
9. Write a number sentence that shows another way to find 100+100+100+100+100+100.
10. What is the product of 30x8?
11. What is the product of 400x80?
12. Shelly saves $8 each week. Use rounding to estimate the amount she will have saved after 32 weeks.
13. Maria knows there are 24 hours in one day and 7 days in one week. So, she figured out that there are 168 hours in one week. Is her answer reasonable?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Community Consolidated School District 62.
Terms of Service