Brian Hudson, former principal and CEO of Covenant Christian High School, made an enduring impact on the culture of the Covenant community and in the lives of countless students who have experienced a Covenant education. Brian possessed a vision, conviction and passion for educating young people about the truths of Jesus Christ in an environment of grace. The scholarship has been established in Brian’s name to be awarded to a young person who most embodies the ideals that Brian so passionately desired for Covenant students.
The Brian C. Hudson Scholarship reflects Covenant Christian High School’s desire to develop students whose minds are enlightened, hearts inflamed and lives transformed through Christian education. This scholarship will reward and recognize a student, like Brian, who fiercely delights in learning, has an insatiable curiosity about the world God has created, and diligently seeks relationships and conversations with like-hearted friends which create an opportunity to impact the kingdom for Christ.
- A one-year, $2,000 scholarship awarded annually to one student.
- Available to current Covenant students entering their sophomore, junior
or senior years.
- Previous year recipients may not apply in future years.
- Student essay required. Mr. Hudson was fond of exuberantly exhorting
those around him to “fiercely delight” in everything from a good book to
a great meal. In the required essay, the student shall describe in no more
than 250 words how he or she “fiercely delights” in learning here at
Covenant Christian High School.
- Recommendation letter from two current teachers. The applicant must
send the reference link below to the teachers, in order for them to
complete the required submission on line.
- Essay and recommendations due by April 15.