The newly launched "Coursera for Refugees" effort will provide nonprofits serving refugees with: free access to Coursera courses, a recommended course list specifically for refugees, administrative features & support to effectively utilize Coursera, and a custom portal to connect with other nonprofits serving refugees.
Please review the below eligibility requirements and complete this application in its entirety for maximum consideration. We will review and approve your application as soon as possible; please allow several weeks given the volume of responses.
1. Your organization has a primary mission to aid displaced persons and refugees (or intends to use this opportunity solely for projects with a similar mission) with a focus on education.
2. Your organization has access to and intends to provide Coursera content to at least 500 middle- to high- skilled persons with a strong grasp of English (as classes will primarily be offered in English and all certification programs are English-only, learners through this initiative must be comfortable taking an English language college course). Though we may not be able to provide group financial aid for organizations with less than 500 refugees that meet these criteria, we recommend that the refugees you work with apply for individual financial aid using the instructions at https://learner.coursera.help/hc/en-us/articles/209819033-Apply-for-Financial-Aid.
3. Your organization has access to WiFi and/or internet hubs, charging stations, devices, as well as IT resources/capabilities, understanding that Coursera courses requires one device per person (although devices may be shared) as well as internet connectivity for downloading materials and completing assignments.
4. Your organization commits to working with Coursera to identify a third-party funder to sustain usage following your 12-month financial aid package.
5. Your organization agrees to share feedback with Coursera on course content and learners' experiences with Coursera.
For questions regarding this application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.