To read more about GSOC program please go through: https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/
- Ensure your idea is able to be completed in a fixed period of time. GSoC runs officially between May 23rd 2016 and August 23rd 2016. This is a very short period of actual coding time. Ideas should respect the time that students have available for the program.
- Keep ideas realistic. The ideas on this list should maintain a realistic amount of work for a single student, junior level-developer, who is working with a compressed timeline and a fixed completion ('pencils down') date.
- Keep ideas core. The purpose of GSoC is to improve Joomla itself. This is not the time to add ideas for new extensions or features that may not be included by the Production Leadership Team. If the idea is related to the Framework, please consult the Framework team directly about new ideas to ensure there is interest in having the package included as an official Joomla Framework package.
-Check the Joomla! roadmap: http://developer.joomla.org/cms/roadmap.html
- When in doubt, reach out. If you're unsure if your idea belongs on this list, please post to the GSoC 2016 mailing list and ask about the community's interest: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/jgsoc-2016/
- No documentation-focused projects. Google Summer of Code is a program about code. We expect our students to document their work, but writing documentation for Joomla as a project does not align with the goals of GSoC.