CDSS "Local Heroes" Submission Form
Welcome to the CDSS celebration of "Local Heroes!"
Use this form to tell us about YOUR local hero and we'll share it with the world on our Centennial blog and website.
Who is a local hero?
These are people who quietly *make things happen* for everyone else. And we want to give every community in our dance/music/song universe the opportunity to recognize and thank them, publicly, with joyful gratitude. Let’s celebrate the contributions of the sound guy or gal! Let’s recognize the person who has been taking money at the door of the dance for the last 10 years! Let’s say thank you to the people who have been sweeping the floor before and after the dance, or setting up chairs for the concert series for--ever! Let’s give a big thumbs up to the person who rents the hall for your family dance, and pays the bills.
Your local hero can be anyone at all who you've noticed makes a difference to you or to your community. So go for it! Tell us all about them:
My name is:
My e-mail address is:
My local hero's name is:
My local hero hails from:
(where does your hero live?)
Here's why this person is my hero:
(600 words or less)
- In submitting my written content to CDSS I affirm that this work is original to me and that I have obtained permission from any persons represented therein for the work to be shared.
- I give permission to CDSS to post on the CDSS website any written content to the CDSS Story Project and other CDSS Centennial projects.
- I give permission to CDSS to use my written content in future digital or print publications, or future websites.
- I understand that CDSS will use my name, and other information given on our submission form, to identify my submission, unless I request otherwise.
- I understand that my written content will be archived at the CDSS Library and Archives, at the University of New Hampshire Special Libraries.
By checking this box you indicate that you have read and agree to the CDSS Story Project Submission Agreement. If this box is not checked we cannot accept your submission.
I agree to the CDSS Story Project Submission Agreement.
Thanks! Now send us a photo!
Please e-mail us a photo of your hero so we can add their shining face to our gallery of Local Heroes.
Feel free to send multiple photos, if you have them. If you have other media to share related to your hero (video clips; maybe you want to interview them and send us a sound bite?) please get in touch with us at
to figure out the best way to send them.
Please send media to the e-mail address below and include "My Local Hero: First name; Last name" in the subject line.
Thank you for helping us celebrate Local Heroes!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of CDSS.