Commitment Letter - 2018-2019 Fairview Marching Knights
THIS LETTER SHOULD BE READ AND SIGNED BY THE STUDENT AND AT LEAST ONE PARENT
I am committed to being a member of the 2018-19 Fairview Marching Knights! I understand that being in the band includes:
• Being enrolled in band class
• Participating in mini-band camp May 10 & 11 - 4PM to 8 PM
• Participating in band camp from August 1 through August 15 - 8:45 AM to 4 PM daily except Sundays
• Attending regular practices on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:45 - 9 PM and every Saturday from 8:45 AM – 4 PM (except competition days, which may be much longer) from August 17th through the end of the marching season
• Participating in 5-6 competitions during the Fall and including the Disney trip if I am able.
• Playing at designated home football games at Recht Field and playoff games, if needed
• Participating in the Parade of Lights parade in Boulder – early December
• Playing in pep band at designated girls and boys home basketball games, usually held January – February on Tuesday and Friday nights
In 2018-2019, each family’s contribution donation for marching band is $475, plus an additional $25 for percussionists and color guard. In addition, first-time marchers pay a one-time shoe rental of $35. A non-refundable donation deposit of $200 is due at mini-band camp. The balance of the family contribution is recommended at band camp in August.
I understand that the family contribution to the student band activity fund plays a vital part in providing funds to ensure the ongoing operation of the marching band, but that this contribution constitutes only a portion of the amount per student that it takes to fund marching band operations. I understand that, in addition to this family contribution, each band student/family is recommended to participate in one or more fundraising activities to support their band activity account and one or more volunteer activities. If this donation contribution creates a financial hardship for my family, I understand that a partial scholarship, which includes a fundraising requirement, may be available upon written request and the decision of the scholarship committee.
I look forward to being a part of the marching band! My signature below indicates my commitment to being in the 2018–2019 Fairview Marching Knights!
Please feel free to contact Carrie Fross,
Last Name, First Name
By checking the box below and typing your name into the Signature box, you are confirming that the above statements are true and submitted by a legal parent or guardian. You agree that by typing your name, you are electronically signing this document.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Boulder Valley School District.
Terms of Service