HAWTHORNE STUDENT SCREEN TIME GUIDELINES
General Guidelines For Classroom Use:
- Is it appropriate?
- Is it meaningful?
- Is it empowering?
Run Hawthorne Classroom Technology Through These Filters:
- Tied to specific content learning goals/standards
- Meets or exceeds the Bozeman Tech Standards
- Technology is necessary and enhances learning experience
- Collaborative component encouraged
- Limit “Passive” use, encourage “Creating” and “Problem Solving” applications/projects
- Student supervision required
- Clear student expectations (rubrics) present
FREE TIME / RECESS / BUS
- Tech devices cannot be used for free time or recess times
SCREENED DEVICES FROM HOME (phones, tablets, phone/wathches, ipods, game devices, etc.)
- No student use from 8:30 - 3:30
- School not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen devices
- Revisit BYOD in the future
- Tech devices from home cannot be used during field trips / bus trips
HAWKS Before and After School Program
- No student devices from home during am or pm Hawks
- Hawks has built-in program opportunities for school technology use that becomes an extension of the school day