Members of Brooklyn Rugby Football Club (“the Club”, “club”) represent our club in a special, visible way. Therefore, it is appropriate for the Club to hold high expectations of its members for appropriate conduct while representing the Club, during club competition and at club events, as a host or as the guest of an opponent.
Members of Brooklyn Rugby Football Club acknowledge that by signing this Code of Conduct, they pledge to uphold the spirit of the Club and bring honor and dignity to the Club when representing it. They also acknowledge that they are subject to the Club’s rules regarding the conduct of its members, during club competition and at club events, as a host or as the guest of an opponent.
2. I will always seek to encourage my teammates and club mates rather than seek to discourage them.
3. When representing the Club I will always act in a manner that brings honor to the Club and its fellow members.
4. I will treat all spectators, referees, opposing team members, guests and union officials with respect at all times.
5. I will respect all club members and not seek to create an environment of exclusion or harassment based on, but not limited to, race, gender, and sexual orientation or identification.
6. I acknowledge that the goal of the Club is promote rugby as as a sport and provide a safe and fun environment for club members to express themselves and build lasting bonds. I will at all times attempt to uphold that ideal and promote it throughout the Club.
7. I understand that my participation in competition for Brooklyn Rugby is dependent upon my acceptance of this Code of Conduct.
8. I acknowledge that membership of Brooklyn Rugby Football Club is a privilege, not a right and accept that my failure to meet these high standards when representing the Club during club competition and at club events, as a host or as the guest of an opponent, may subject me to disciplinary procedures imposed by the Club, which may include temporary suspension or permanent dismissal.
9. I accept that Brooklyn Rugby Football Club is not responsible for club member’s actions outside of these rules of conduct. In the event of inappropriate actions, the Club member will be held responsible NOT the Club, both legally and financially.