Beloit College | IT Department
Create a Backup of Your Course (Moodle 1.9)
Back to Guide Home
To create a backup of a course:
- Open the course in old Moodle (1.9) (https://bcmoodle2012.beloit.edu) that you would like to move content from.
- Click Backup located in the Administration block (Moodle 1.9)
- Deselect anything that you do not want included in the backup. Everything is included by default. You do want to include Course files and Site files used in this course.
- Click Continue. You may get a warning that user data is not included in the backup. You can ignore this.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Continue.
- Click the link to the file name to download and save the backup file to your computer.
- Once the file has been downloaded to you computer, please delete the backup file from Moodle.
To do so:
- Click the [Parent folder] link.
- Select the backupdata folder by clicking in the check box to the left of the file.
- Select Delete completely from the “With chosen files...” drop-down menu.
- Confirm that you want to delete the file.