What is it?
- The award recognizes U.S. Citizens and lawfully admitted permanent residents of the U.S. who have completed the required number of service hours
- Volunteers decide what type of service they would like to do. Everything counts, as long as it is not paid or court mandated.
Why Should You Participate?
- Presidential recognition shows your commitment to service and may inspire others to take action
- You will be presented with
- a bronze, silver or gold lapel pin,
- a personalized certificate of achievement and
- a note of congratulations from the President of the United States of America
- Must be a current Arizona State University student in good academic and judicial standing
- Recipient(s) must be a United States citizen or a lawfully admitted permanent resident of the United States.
- Awards are issued for volunteer service only; additional levels of participation with the organization (i.e., charitable support) are not a factor considered for the award.
- Court-ordered community service does not qualify for the award.
- Service must be with an approved by Changemaker Central that is legally established in the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or one of the U.S. territories.
- Go to https://asu.volunteermatch.org and sign on with your ASURITE information; create an account if you have not done so
- Log your individual hours in VolunteerMatch throughout the year
- Complete this online Commitment Form on Changemaker Central’s website to let us know you will be applying
- Deadline to submit all hours via VolunteerMatch: April 9, 2017 at NOON
- Applicants with a minimum of 100 service hours between June 1, 2017 - April 1, 2018, documented in VolunteerMatch, and while a student at Arizona State University
Information for University Service Learning (USL):
- If you participated in a University Service-Learning (USL) course, the USL Office will submit your approved volunteer service hours to Changemaker to count towards this award. DO NOT SUBMIT any hours logged in My USL in Volunteermatch.
- You must complete this form to be eligible for the recognition
- You may log any additional hours via VolunteerMatch that you have completed separate from your logged USL hours.
Questions? Reach out to Jasmine Smalls at firstname.lastname@example.org