WHAT IS FREE RADIO SAIC?
￼Free Radio SAIC is the student-run Internet radio station of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Producers develop shows according to their interests. Examples include: curated mixes, traditional and experimental sound art, narratives, informative or news-oriented talk shows, interviews and live performances. Listen to some selections here (insert link here). Station membership is open to any SAIC student, faculty, staff or alumni.
How to produce a show at Free Radio SAIC:
1. Complete this applicationApplications that are incomplete in any way will not be considered.
2. Staff Members ReviewThe Station Manager, Program Manager, and Advisor will review your application and contact you in order to further develop your show's concept and structure.
3. Attend an initial training session.
4. Schedule and broadcast a pilot show w/ Free Radio SAIC staff member.
5. Develop Your Brand and Promotions StrategyEach producer is required to develop visual materials that will assist in marketing their show. We highly encourage show producers to create a facebook page to link with Free Radio's, make a 1920x1080px jpg for digital screens on campus, thumbnail for the FR website (1000x1000px jpg), and 8.5x11 inch image for print. Promotions Director will advise this process.