Films of all genres are welcomed. Priority will be given to films made within the last year featuring Arctic themes and subjects. All other films will be considered as space allows.
1) You must own or obtain all rights necessary, including music rights, in order to grant
the screening of the film in the Arctic Cinema and Science Film Festival 2016. Please make sure that you use only self-composed and self-recorded music, or fully licensed third-party music. If applicable, all copyrighted material must be cleared before submission and all relevant documents must be submitted with your entry. UAF Department of Theatre and Film cannot be liable for the inclusion of any materials that infringe upon another’s copyright, this includes stock footage, music or any other element subject to copyright regulations.
2) Submitting entities are responsible for obtaining written releases granting the rights to use the name, likeness and performance from any individual appearing in any submission to Arctic Cinema and Science Film Festival 2016. If a person appearing in a submission is a minor, the release must be obtained from a parent or legal guardian. UAF Theatre and Film Department reserves the right to request proof of such release in a form acceptable to the department from any submitter at any time.
3) The UAF Theatre and Film Department assumes no responsibility for the acts or omissions of those
individuals or entities submitting entries pursuant to this notice. All submitting entities and/or individuals are advised to include credits and to carefully review those credits prior to submission since all entries will air exactly as they are received. Standard Films must be complete with end credits prior to submission.
4) All films must be in English or submitted with on-screen English subtitles.
5) Films should be submitted as an uncompressed .mp4 or .mov file OR as a playable DVD or Blu-Ray. Both 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios will be accepted. Please make sure to check that your file works prior to sending. Retain a master copy for your records. Entries will not be returned. DO NOT send your only copy. Screeners may be mailed to:
Arctic Cinema and Science Film Festival 2016
UAF Department of Theatre and Film
PO Box 755700
Fairbanks, AK 99775-5700
6) The deadline for submissions is Friday February 26, 2016 at midnight, AKST.
GRANT OF RIGHTS
By submitting to The Arctic Cinema and Science Film Festival 2016, you hereby grant to The UAF Theatre and Film Department the non-exclusive rights to screen submission and/or to stream the submission online and to use segments of the work for the promotion of Arctic Cinema and Science Film Festival 2016. All film submissions are solely for the purposes outlined herein, and shall not be used by Festival, its producers or UAF for any other purpose except those outlined herein without the expressed written consent of the filmmaker. We reserve the right to refuse any content.